Written, Spoken is a podcast in which the written word comes to life as the spoken word through the voices of the writers who wrote them.
In Season 1 of Written, Spoken, you’ll hear 10 of Dave Ursillo’s most recently published personal narrative essays and human interest stories — stories that I recently shared with my online readers — as they leap off the page and into your earbuds for the very first time.
If you live your life at the intersection of self-knowledge and self-expression, this podcast is for you.
Subscribe now on Apple Podcasts and Spotify, search for “Written Spoken” or “Dave Ursillo” wherever you get your podcasts to find our show, or click one of the icons below to find us on your app of choice:
You can also find complimentary transcripts of every episode here on the blog in support of those who are hard of hearing or for whom English is not their primary language.
What Will I Hear on Written, Spoken?
Written, Spokenfeatures human interest stories and personal narrative essays — perspectives, experiences, advice, and stories that are true, honest, and reach across our differences and into the heart of what it means to be human.
Season 1 of Written, Spoken marks the 10-year anniversary of me leaving my first career path in public service behind with a 10-episode season.
As you’ll hear in the Season 1 Trailer below, here’s a preview of what’s in store…
- Witness an intimate moment of transition in my personal life, and how I dealt with it
- Step into the uncomfortable reality that is exploring a brand new creative endeavor for the first time
- Hear the story of a secret language I learned on the streets of Paris, and what it reminded me about people everywhere
- Question the stories that govern our perceptions of life, who we are, and what we’re capable of
- Why the idea of political correctness is, to me, a myth that misleads us from understanding the constantly evolving nature of all human communication
- A story behind a worldwide phenomenon that is responsible for thwarting the creative self-expression of millions of writers the world over for the last 40 years
And here’s the Season 1 Trailer for your listening pleasure:
How to Listen, Subscribe & Review
Podcasts are a syndicated feed to which you can subscribe, much like a newsletter. Once you’re subscribed to a show, new episodes of the podcasts to which you subscribe arrive to your phone, mobile device, or desktop through free or paid-for streaming applications like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Stitcher, and other services.
You can easily find Written, Spoken on many popular apps and platforms, including:
- iTunes / Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Radio Public
Another easy way to find Written, Spoken is to search for the show and my name in your favorite podcast listening App.
Here’s what it looks like to search for “Written Spoken Dave Ursillo” on Apple Podcasts:
If you like what you hear in Written, Spoken, please rate our show 5 stars and leave a review wherever you listen:
Rating, reviewing, and sharing the podcast goes a long, long way to help other people who love meaningful stories and ideas worth considering find and enjoy our show. So, thanks for keeping us in mind!
Episode Transcripts Also Available
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E1 Transcript
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E2 Transcript
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E3 Transcript
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E4 Transcript
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E5 Transcript
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E6 Transcript
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E7 Transcript (Available Soon)
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E8 Transcript (Available Soon)
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E9 Transcript (Available Soon)
- ‘Written, Spoken’ Podcast S1E10 Transcript (Available Soon)