Written, Spoken is my a podcast in which the written word comes to life as the spoken word through the voices of the writers who wrote them.
As the name of this podcast suggests, Written, Spoken brings written stories to life through the spoken word.
In Season 1 of Written, Spoken, you’ll hear 10 of my most recently published personal narrative essays and human interest stories — stories that I recently shared with my online readers — as they leap off the page and into your earbuds for the very first time.
If you, like me, live your life at the intersection of self-knowledge and self-expression, this podcast is for you.
You can also find complimentary transcripts of every episode here on the blog in support of those who are hard of hearing or for whom English is not their primary language.
What Will I Hear on Written, Spoken?
Season 1 of Written, Spoken marks the 10-year anniversary of me leaving my first career path in public service behind with a 10-episode season.
As you’ll hear in the Season 1 Trailer above, here’s a preview of what’s in store…
- Witness an intimate moment of transition in my personal life, and how I dealt with it
- Step into the uncomfortable reality that is exploring a brand new creative endeavor for the first time
- Hear the story of a secret language I learned on the streets of Paris, and what it reminded me about people everywhere
- Question the stories that govern our perceptions of life, who we are, and what we’re capable of
- Why the idea of political correctness is, to me, a myth that misleads us from understanding the constantly evolving nature of all human communication
- A story behind a worldwide phenomenon that is responsible for thwarting the creative self-expression of millions of writers the world over for the last 40 years
And here’s the Season 1 Trailer for your listening pleasure:
How to Listen, Subscribe & Review
Podcasts are a syndicated feed to which you can subscribe, much like a newsletter. Once you’re subscribed to a show, new episodes of the podcasts to which you subscribe arrive to your phone, mobile device, or desktop through free or paid-for streaming applications like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Stitcher, and other services.
You can easily find Written, Spoken on many popular apps and platforms, including:
Another easy way to find Written, Spoken is to search for the show and my name in your favorite podcast listening App. Here’s what it looks like to search for “Written Spoken Dave Ursillo” on Apple Podcasts and Spotify:
If you like what you hear in Written, Spoken, please rate our show 5 stars and leave a review wherever you listen:
Rating, reviewing, and sharing the podcast goes a long, long way to help other people who love meaningful stories and ideas worth considering find and enjoy our show. So, thanks for keeping us in mind!